Saturday, December 25, 2010

LOVE rewards the Brave

If you are going to fall in love with me, It's only fair that you know what you are falling in love with. 

You are falling in love with my insecurities and my obsession with trying to figure out what everyone thinks of me. You are falling in love with my immaturity, my constant need to feel loved and appreciated, and my overactive tearducts. You fall in love with my troubled past, and my hopes and dreams, and how I'm a hopeless at heart. If you fall in love with me, you fall in love with my self-hate and all my imperfections and my perception that nobody could ever love me.

But you are also falling in love with the way my eyes smile when I'm with you... The way I'll text you in the mornings just telling you I hope you have a great day. You're falling in love with the occasionally humorous and thought-provoking things I say, and the way I blush when people ask me about you.

But to me, the most important thing will be that you are falling in love with me, despite me thinking that it is impossible.


We try to live responsible, logical lives, but we can't tell our hearts how to feel. Sometimes our hearts lead us to places we never thought we wanted to go, and sometimes our hearts can make us feel miserable, angry, excited and confused all at once. But at least my heart is open.


It seems to me the only thing that matters, the only thing that's even real, is the here and now. And some stuff are more important and some stuff aren't; and I guess time is the only thing that can sort out which is which. That just means, the more we live in the present, the more we hold on to people, places and things. I have come to realize that things can change without a warning. So no matter how much you love something, or no matter how much you take it for granted, nothing lasts forever. So for now, all we can do is hang on and wait... and see and hope... for the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment